Get in Touch
- 02 9674 3491
111 James Cook Drive,
Kings Langley, NSW, 2147
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 6 pm ,
Sat: 8 am - 1 pm ,
Here at Kings Family Dental Centre, you never have to worry about missing a clean again! With our dedicated staff we mail out friendly reminders of when you are due. We know that with our busy lives we tend to forget and so we also send a sms and give you a call to book an appointment! We recommend you stay on top of your dental health to reduce future risks. Regular check ups also help detect diseases, abnormalities and early signs of decay.
Professional Teeth Cleaning Kings Langley, Sydney
Professional teeth cleaning (also referred to as scaling) is performed by qualified dentists. This procedure aids removal of accrued tartar and plaque, as well as, food particles and surface stains that stick between the teeth – these are breeding grounds for bacteria, and one of the primary reasons for teeth decay and gum disease. Eliminating plaque will prevent this decay-causing bacteria from flourishing. Thus, scaling is a critical component of preventative dental care, as well as preserving good dental health.
Inform Your Dentist If You’re Already Taking Any Medications
It is recommended and good practice to inform your dentist concerning any medication that you’re taking, as some prescriptions can induce dry mouth. A dry mouth can help produce cavities because bacteria are not washed away by saliva regularly.
What Does the Procedure Involve?
- An exhaustive physical examination of your mouth is done with a small mirror that aids in visualising every tooth.
- Where we find heavy plaque accumulation, we’ll use a strong jet spray with an electric scaler to break it up and clean it away.
- Then, we’ll use a manual scaler to eliminate particles in between the teeth.
- Finally, we’ll polish your teeth to clean them thoroughly and provide you with a refreshed feel.
Time Required for Dental Check-Up and Clean
- Typically, a dental check-up and clean may vary from 30 minutes to an hour depending on the treatment you require.
- If you have no dental problems and your teeth are in good condition, then your dentist will clean your teeth, apply fluoride and this should not take too much of your time.
- Generally, regular patients will only require cleaning, scaling polish and applying fluoride – to accomplish these tasks roughly takes around 30 minutes. And every two years, bitewing (decay-view) X-rays are updated to check for new cavities within the teeth.
In general, a check-up and clean will include:
- Checkup: to assess the overall health of your mouth and determine if any future work is needed
- Clean: cleaning of the teeth including a scale and plish to help remove stains, built up plaque and tartar
- X-ray: as stand practice, we take xrays to check between the teeth
- Fluoride:to strengthen the enamel of your teeth, fluoride may be applied to teeth to protect them against tooth decay
After your check up and clean your dentist may provide recommendations to improve your oral health care. Some suggestions might be brushing techniques, flossing, diet and nutrition, or eliminating habits. If you follow your dentists at home hygiene suggestions, you may reduce your chances of developing dental problems and may maintain your natural teeth longer.
Professional Scaling Frequency
Regular brushing and flossing are required to keep teeth clean and to remove residual food particles; however, from time to time, you’ll require professional teeth cleaning to make your mouth cleaner and feel fresher as hard deposits on the teeth cannot be cleaned away through regular tooth brushing. As part of your dental care routine, it is recommended that you go for professional teeth cleaning or scaling service at least once every six months along with a complete dental check-up.
Contact Kings Family Dental Centre in Kings Langley, Sydney
If you need quality teeth cleaning services near you in Kings Langley, then we, at Kings Family Dental Centre, can make sure that you receive the best professional treatment and care, and we serve all age groups. If you need professional teeth cleaning service, then book an appointment right away.