Get in Touch
- 02 9674 3491
111 James Cook Drive,
Kings Langley, NSW, 2147
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 6 pm ,
Sat: 8 am - 1 pm ,
Tooth Extraction in Kings Langley at Kings Family Dental Centre
Tooth extraction is the two words that may give you jerks when you hear them from your local dentist on a scheduled visit. At times, tooth extraction is an inevitable dental procedure. At Kings Family Dental Centre, we understand the natural anxiety that is attached to such a dental procedure, so we use pain-free techniques to ensure tooth extraction is a painless and stress-free procedure.
Are you concerned about your teeth? Well, getting a complete dental check-up done at our clinic will reveal any problems and you can talk to our expert dentist about the whole range of treatments available.
Practised Tooth Extraction Services in Sydney
Tooth extraction can get indispensable when you develop any of the below symptoms:
- To get rid of the teeth that aren’t functioning as intended or malpositioned teeth.
- To alleviate a congested mouth, possibly, before applying the braces.
- Teeth suffering from intense periodontal disease [It is an outcome of gum disease, which causes bone loss].
- Infected teeth that won’t heal even with root canal treatment.
- Damaged teeth that can’t be repaired.
- Baby teeth refusing to fall out.
At Kings Family Dental Centre, our experienced dental practitioners will always try to save your tooth first and consider tooth extraction as the last resort. Nonetheless, if there are no other means of saving that affected tooth or if it is having a damaging effect on the health of your remaining teeth, then we’ll sit down and figure out an appropriate treatment plan, thereby giving you sufficient time to ask questions.
Is Replacement Necessary After Tooth Extraction?
Well, replacement is not needed after the extraction of wisdom teeth. But for all other teeth, replacement is advisable, to avert problems with your bite, as well as problems with jaw bone loss. Your dentist can recommend the best fitting option for you from an array of alternatives including bridges, crowns, dentures and dental implants to help restore the purpose and appearance of your teeth.
Is Wisdom Teeth Extraction Required?
- The third molars are placed at the very back of your mouth known as wisdom teeth. You don’t have to remove them provided they are healthy, fully grown, placed fittingly, you can bite properly with its opposing teeth and you can easily clean them as part of the daily hygiene practices.
- Conversely, you’ll have to get rid of the wisdom teeth if you experience changes in the area of those teeth such as tumours, damage to the adjacent teeth, extensive tooth decay, gum disease, fluid-filled sacs (cysts), pain and repeated infection of soft tissue behind the lower last tooth.
For the best advice and treatment, speak to one of our expert dentists about the placement and health of your wisdom teeth, and what’s recommended for your situation.
What Should You Do After Tooth Extraction?
To curtail any swelling and assist in healing, it is advisable to do salt and warm water mouth rinses after each meal – for this, you’ll have to dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
Here are the Care Instructions that You Need to Follow after Tooth Extraction:
- Firmly bite on the gauze pad for around ten minutes and then discard the gauze into a waste bin.
- If the bleeding happens, bite firmly on the extra gauze or a dry teabag for around 20 minutes. Avoid using cotton, wool and tissues because they tend to stick to the socket.
- After the tooth extraction surgery, a certain amount of swelling is normal. Besides, you can take two Panadol after every four hours to control the pain. In case, you still experience the pain, then you can take two Nurofen tablets after every eight hours. However, don’t take Nurofen if you have a history of peptic ulcer, gastric hypersensitivity, or if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid troubling the socket by poking with the fingers, objects or food.
- Don’t gargle, spit or rinse with fluids for 24 hours because the turmoil produced can begin the bleeding.
- Initially, it is recommended to begin with soft food, a kind of semi-liquid diet.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid smoking for 24 hours.
- If any problems develop or want to clear your queries, feel free to contact us at Kings Family Dental Centre on 02 9674 3491.
Contact Kings Family Dental Centre at Kings Langley, Sydney
Are you having a severe toothache or feel that you may require a tooth extraction? Get in touch with us at Kings Family Dental Centre for trusted and efficient tooth extraction services. You can contact us for emergency tooth extraction as well. Healthy teeth mean a healthy body!
Kings Family Dental Centre’s expert team of qualified and practised dentists is always here to make the process of tooth extraction as stress-free and painless as is possible.