Get in Touch
- 02 9674 3491
111 James Cook Drive,
Kings Langley, NSW, 2147
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 6 pm ,
Sat: 8 am - 1 pm ,
When it comes to your dental health, prevention is always better than the cure.
Seeing your dentist regularly and taking proper care of your teeth and gums is the best way to help prevent tooth decay, gum disease and other serious problems from affecting your oral and general health. That’s why at Kings Family Dental Centre we’ve developed a two-step preventative care program that helps you to stay healthy, save money and improve your dental health for life.
- Examining your mouth
- Cleaning your teeth
Here at Kings Family Dental Centre, you never have to worry about missing a clean again! With our dedicated staff we mail out friendly reminders of when you are due. We know that with our busy lives we tend to forget and so we also send a sms and give you a call to book an appointment! We recommend you stay on top of your dental health to reduce future risks. Regular check ups also help detect diseases, abnormalities and early signs of decay.
Preventive Dentistry Kings Langley, Sydney
Regular preventative dental care is crucial for detecting problems early and getting a cure through dental treatment that is non-aggressive. This approach not only keeps your oral health in good condition but also saves you from undergoing needless pain and suffering.
When you visit our dental clinic on your scheduled appointment slot, one of our experienced dentists will examine your teeth for any changes or detect signs of early disease. Besides, our dentist will give your teeth a professional clean and polish, and administer fluoride treatment.
Gum disease or periodontal disease is a severe condition, which can lead to many problems within your mouth. At an elementary level, periodontal disease is an infection of the gums and if it’s not treated promptly, it can damage the soft tissue and bone, leading to tooth loss.
Preserving healthy teeth and gums is a part of an overall plan to assure your well-being. At Kings Family Dental Centre, we intend to help you accomplish and preserve this for the rest of your life.
What Does Preventative Dental Care Involve?
Prevention is better than cure – this phrase we all may have heard at some point in our lives. This is applied 100% to preventative dental care. Preventative dental care is crucial to avert the occurrence of serious dental problems. Taking control of your dental health before they get severe can not only save you from a lot of unnecessary hassles and worries but also curtail your dental visits saving you associated costs and time over the long term. It may also help you to avert surgery.
At Kings Family Dental Centre, we recommend the following preventative dental care:
- Regular brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day i.e. (1) In the morning when you wake up and (2) Before you go to bed at night.
- Going for regular dental clinical checkups at least once every 6 months.
- Getting professional teeth cleaning in-clinic.
- Custom-fitment of mouthguards to shield the mouth and teeth of children, teenagers and sportsmen who play sports regularly.
- Diagnostic dental inspections, which can help detect small issues before they develop into serious pain problems.
- Screening of oral cancer to detect and treat gum disease early.
- Impart oral hygiene instructions for encouraging proper diet and nutrition routine for healthy teeth and gums.
- Preventative dental care and training for senior citizens, which includes proper cleaning protocols and denture care.
Prevention Dentistry Advantages
By following good dental hygiene, you can lower your risk to a large extent of getting cavities, gingivitis, periodontitis and other dental problems. Besides, it can lower your risk of catching secondary problems caused by poor oral health. Some health problems that are associated with poor oral health include:
- Respiratory disease
- Heart disease
The costs connected with poor oral hygiene can shoot up even if you possess dental insurance. Practising good preventative dental health can substantially lower your risk of catching other health issues, as well as, save your time and money. A pregnant woman must follow a good preventive oral health routine, which includes regular dentist visits for routine checkups. Preventative dentistry may not entirely remove your need for root canals, fillings or dental implants, but it can go a long way in lowering your need for these expensive treatments.
In general, a check-up and clean will include:
- Checkup: to assess the overall health of your mouth and determine if any future work is needed
- Clean: cleaning of the teeth including a scale and plish to help remove stains, built-up plaque and tartar
- X-ray: as stand practice, we take X-rays to check between the teeth
- Fluoride: to strengthen the enamel of your teeth, fluoride may be applied to teeth to protect them against tooth decay
After your check-up and clean your dentist may provide recommendations to improve your oral health care. Some suggestions might be brushing techniques, flossing, diet and nutrition, or eliminating habits. If you follow your dentists at home hygiene suggestions, you may reduce your chances of developing dental problems and may maintain your natural teeth longer.